Rep. Smith Secures $20 Million For Transportation Projects in the 9th District
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Representative Adam Smith (D-Wash.) announced the successful inclusion of $20 million in funding for eleven transportation-related projects in the Ninth District as part of the INVEST in America Act that passed the House today.
“I am proud to have secured funding for eleven transportation projects in the Ninth District in the INVEST in America Act,” said Rep. Adam Smith. “These projects support efforts to electrify King County’s bus system, expand public transit access, improve safety and accessibility, increase connectivity through new pedestrian and bike infrastructure, and repair transportation corridors that are vital for the region’s economic growth. I look forward to working with my colleagues to further advance these projects and the broader legislation that invests in all of our communities.”
The eleven projects are listed alphabetically below.
- $1,270,000 for the City of Tukwila’s 42nd Ave S Bridge Replacement Project
- $1,000,000 for the City of Bellevue’s Bellevue Transit Center Safety and Connectivity Project
- $1,680,000 for King County’s Eastrail Wilburton Critical Crossing
- $1,800,000 for the Seattle Department of Transportation’s (SDOT) Georgetown to South Park Connection
- $2,500,000 for the City of Kent’s Meeker Complete Street/Safe Routes to School Project
- $750,000 for the Seattle Department of Transportation’s (SDOT) MLK Jr. Way S Safety and Accessibility Improvements Project
- $2,000,000 for the City of Tacoma’s Puyallup Avenue Transit/Complete Street Improvements
- $2,000,000 for the City of Renton’s Rainier Avenue South Corridor Improvements – Phase 4A
- $3,000,000 for the King County Metro’s South Campus Interim Base Electrification
- $2,000,000 for the Washington State Department of Transportation’s SR 99/NB Duwamish River Bridge – Grid Deck Replacement
- $2,000,000 for the Sound Transit’s Tukwila International Boulevard Bus Rapid Transit Station
You can read more about the projects here.